Exploring Holistic Alternatives

Families practicing: Alternative & Natural Health; Attachment and Mindful Parent

Hi

My 2 year old has a cut on the bottom of her foot, it is a straight line right in the center about 2 inches long. We didn't notice it for a least a day and she is one of those bare-foot type kids. I think it is infected (red, swollen) but she doesn't complain about it. We have soaked it a few times but it still doesn't look great. My mom says to put antibiotic ointment on it but I'd rather see what natural options I have.

Advice, wise moms?

Cara

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Soak in Epsom salts and put lavender essential oil on it. Cover it to keep the oil from staining the carpet and furniture. You also might put some calendula ointment on it. But, the lavender is an antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antiseptic.

Here is an interesting list of essential oil benefits: http://www.soundearth.com/essential_oils.htm

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/calendula-000228.htm

Pat
Hi Cara,

We use Calendula ointment for minor cuts. We have used tea tree oil in the past for infections. We actually cleared up a staph infection on one of Ella's earring holes.

Joette
Thanks for the advice, Pat and Joette!

Shannon is soaking her feet in an Epsom salt bath right now. I remembered to get some when I was out today.

I have lavender oil but not tea tree, I should have some in my arsenal. I'm actually having problems with my earring holes at the moment. It seems like everything is acting up in my body because of my thyroid issue.

Cara
I forgot to mention for the earring hole we used lavendar tea tree oil. It was a blend I bought at Whole Foods at the time, but I would guess Earth Fare would have it.
Heh, I had to share this with you. I guess the foot soak was very relaxing. Her foot is now oiled with a sock on it and she is snuggled in bed. I'm going to have to try this trick more often!

Cara

I love it! Thanks for sharing.
very cute. I think I'll try that here, with a bit of lavender for soothing. Might be our favorite new bedtime routine.

Pat
how sweet!
Don't forget about using breastmilk on cuts!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

© 2017   Created by Pat.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service