Exploring Holistic Alternatives

Families practicing: Alternative & Natural Health; Attachment and Mindful Parent

I'm sorry if this is information you already know but I just discovered it and I'm very happy about it. Aveda, the cosmetics company, recycles caps from plastic bottles. Since Charlotte will only recycle the bottles, we've been tossing the caps from milk cartons, peanut butter jars, shampoo bottles, detergent bottles, water bottles, etc. You can bring them to any Aveda store and they will recycle them. Aveda is going to start using this recycled plastic for their product packaging. Yay! Here is more information about it.

http://aveda.aveda.com/aboutaveda/caps.asp

There is an Aveda store on Sharon Rd in South Park. Once I have a full bag I will be stopping by there.

On this same topic, has anyone found a place that recycles yogurt containers? I know that Terracycle partners with schools and other groups to collect them but I don't know of any in the area that are participating. I emailed Terracycle for help but they haven't gotten back to me.

Cara

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's great to know!

Re: recycling yogurt containers, I would like to know that as well. The best I've come up with so far is making my own yogurt (I bought a yogurt maker with individual glass cups). We also use big containers of yogurt, and I can re-use the containers for starting plants from seeds.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

© 2017   Created by Pat.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service