Exploring Holistic Alternatives

Families practicing: Alternative & Natural Health; Attachment and Mindful Parent

Bach Flower remedies. They are an all natural "mother's helper"! (and therapist and stress reliever, and sanity saver in one.)

You might try some "White Chestnut" or "Honeysuckle" Bach Flower remedies. These can really help anxiety and obsessive thoughts. We use constitutional/classical homeopathy also. Here are several links about Bach Flower remedies. They are all natural, safe remedies for stress, upset, fear, depression, etc. You can select those that are best for you based upon reading about each one or taking the quiz at the remedy finder (first link). You can choose up to 5 or so and mix a few drops of each in water and sip as needed, or take straight in the midst of a stressful situation.

Guaranteed to help.

http://www.ainsworths.com/remedy/default.aspx

http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm

http://www.bachflower.com/38_Essences.htm

I love Rescue Remedy.

Pat

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a list of the 38 remedies and their indications. For more information on the remedies and what they are for - check out the link for each at http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm

Agrimony - mental torture behind a cheerful face

Aspen - fear of unknown things

Beech - intolerance

Centaury - the inability to say 'no'

Cerato - lack of trust in one's own decisions

Cherry Plum - fear of the mind giving way

Chestnut Bud - failure to learn from mistakes

Chicory - selfish, possessive love

Clematis - dreaming of the future without working in the present

Crab Apple - the cleansing remedy, also for self-hatred

Elm - overwhelmed by responsibility

Gentian - discouragement after a setback

Gorse - hopelessness and despair

Heather - self-centredness and self-concern

Holly - hatred, envy and jealousy

Honeysuckle - living in the past

Hornbeam - procrastination, tiredness at the thought of doing something

Impatiens - impatience

Larch - lack of confidence

Mimulus - fear of known things

Mustard - deep gloom for no reason

Oak - the plodder who keeps going past the point of exhaustion

Olive - exhaustion following mental or physical effort

Pine - guilt

Red Chestnut - over-concern for the welfare of loved ones

Rock Rose - terror and fright

Rock Water - self-denial, rigidity and self-repression

Scleranthus - inability to choose between alternatives

Star of Bethlehem - shock

Sweet Chestnut - Extreme mental anguish, when everything has been tried and there is no light left

Vervain - over-enthusiasm

Vine - dominance and inflexibility

Walnut - protection from change and unwanted influences

Water Violet - pride and aloofness

White Chestnut - unwanted thoughts and mental arguments

Wild Oat - uncertainty over one's direction in life

Wild Rose - drifting, resignation, apathy

Willow - self-pity and resentment

There is also a combination remedy called Rescue Remedy.
Thanks for this, Pat. I have found that White Chestnut, Dill and Rescue Remedy work wonders on my little guy. I will give him a straight dose, then try to have some in his sippy cup of water throughout the day. I also found that combining it with the Kaliana drops works really really well. Also, when he was having separation anxiety issues, I found the combination of Mimulus, Mariposa Lily and Chicory worked incredibly well. I'd put a few drops in his mouth, and then more into a little cup of water or juice about 15 minutes before I'd leave for work, and he was a completely changed child... instead of clingy and screaming and crying, he'd give me big hugs and kisses and say bye-bye then run off and play. I need to learn more about flowers!
I wasn't familiar with Dill. OMG, how have we lived without this?!?!!?

Dill
Anethum graveolens

Positive qualities: Ability to experience and absorb a wide variety of sensory experiences, heightened awareness of taste, touch, hearing, sight, smell, etc.
Patterns of imbalance: Overwhelm due to excess stimulation, hypersensitivity to environment or to outer activity, sensory congestion

Wow, I'm going to find some Mariposa Lily also! Maybe it'll help my mother and me...

What are "Kaliana drops"?

Pat
I know... dill is amazing!

As for the Kaliana drops... I could've sworn that Kaliana came and gave a presentation for HMN some time ago (which I didn't make it to). If not, or even if she did, it'd be fabulous to have her come do a presentation again. She's in Charlotte, and her website is www.Kaliana.com I met her at the SOKHOP expo, and she's a gem.

She has an entire line of products (drops, sprays, oils) that are meant to function similarly to the flowers. My pediatrician (again, she's a great ped!) introduced me to them. I've found that the Present Moment and Wings of a Child work really well with my little guy. The drops are fantastic--- I can give him a couple, then put it in water for him to sip throughout the day, too. I haven't done much research on it... I just know that it works!

She sells her stuff on her website. I usually get a supply from my holistic doctor when I see her.

Let me know what you think!

christine
Thanks. I'll have a look. Those are new to me.

Pat
Kaliana did a presentation for us at our March meeting. She is a great speaker.
Here is her website: http://www.kaliana.com

Her sprays/drops are similar to the Bach remedies. I have a few of them. My kids really like them.

Cara
I just bought the rescue remedy after our meeting with Naomi. It's in my purse ready for use!
I don't leave home without it!

Pat
Also--- I don't know whether you've tried using essential oils, but I've found that Vetiver works really well, too.
Never heard of that one. It sounds lovely. I so enjoy the smell of earthy, wet soil after a rain. It seems "grounding", no pun intended.

Did you find it locally?

Thanks, Pat
Since I don't make it out to shop much (I'm either at home or at work!), I shop on-line a lot, and I buy my essential oils from Young Living (www.youngliving.org). That's where I learned about the grounding properties of Vetiver :)
Thanks for your recommendations.

Pat

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Pat's discussion was featured

VACCINES

Discussion, references, inquiries, etc.
Sep 23, 2010
Estela de Arcos Hunt updated their profile photo
Aug 25, 2010
Anna left a comment for Megan Stuhlman
"Hi Megan, I've dealt with a few different illnesses. Maybe you can call me tomorrow and let me know what's going on. Or maybe send your number. Pat and I are going to a conference but will have some time on the drive there and later in…"
Aug 13, 2010
Megan Stuhlman left a comment for Anna
"Hi Anna, Hope you are doing well, its been a while since I've come to the group MNOs but hope to attend soon and see folks again. This is kind of a random favor/question, but I seem to have a sick chicken and wondered if you had any expertise…"
Aug 13, 2010
Pat posted discussions
Jul 22, 2010
Sara Arey updated their profile photo
Jul 9, 2010
Sara Arey is now a member of Exploring Holistic Alternatives
Jul 9, 2010
Pat replied to Pamela Fuller's discussion Poison Ivy
"Interesting. I do find info about Arnica as a poison ivy relief alternative. I hadn't heard of that. Homeopathic Apis helps for swelling, hives also. Pat"
Jul 3, 2010
Pamela Fuller replied to Pamela Fuller's discussion Poison Ivy
"Thanks, lots of great ideas we can try. (I am a new member on the yahoo group as of last week.) We also read some information elsewhere about treating with arnica, do you have any experience with that? DH used arnica pellets on Sunday for muscle…"
Jul 2, 2010
Pat replied to Pamela Fuller's discussion Poison Ivy
"We had two recent discussions about poison ivy relief on the yahoogroup with many options to consider. Plantain, witch hazel and Epsom salt baths seem to offer significant relief. Are you already a member there?…"
Jul 2, 2010
Benita Gibbs posted a discussion

Drinking Water Usage for Your Family

Can you spare a few moments to take my survey?Please take the survey titled "Drinking Water Usage". Your feedback is important!http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N27LDFDThank you for your time.See More
Jun 28, 2010
Pamela Fuller posted a discussion

Poison Ivy

Does anyone have suggestions for relieving poison ivy itch?  I'm new to holistic treatments, and hubby has a small case of what he thinks is poison ivy or oak on face and hands.
Jun 28, 2010
Cara Yara's 2 blog posts were featured
Jun 25, 2010
Jenn's blog post was featured

SHE'S HERE!!

So Maya Lynn decided to come Saturday afternon.After a long labor, but a REAL quick one push delivery she arrived Saturday September 12, 2009 at 5:09.She's 7lb. 11 oz. and 20 1/2" long.We came home Sunday afternoon and have all been doing really well.I will update with photos when I get time to download them.See More
Jun 25, 2010
allie drayton is now a member of Exploring Holistic Alternatives
Jun 24, 2010
Pat posted a discussion

Food Poisoning

If you observe some safety rules related to foods, kitchen and kitchen appliances, food poisoning will never occur.Most food poisioning effects on body clears up in a few days on its own as their duration is not for very long period. In the case of continued illnessseek medical advice. Children, elders, pregnant women and the personswho use antacids heavily are at more risk of getting food poisioning.The…See More
Jun 24, 2010
Benita Gibbs is now a member of Exploring Holistic Alternatives
Jun 23, 2010
Profile IconLindsey Chambliss, Stacy and Gwendolynn St. Pierre joined Exploring Holistic Alternatives
Jun 14, 2010
Pat left a comment for Gwendolynn St. Pierre
"Welcome. Glad you joined us! Pat"
Jun 14, 2010

© 2024   Created by Pat.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service