Families practicing: Alternative & Natural Health; Attachment and Mindful Parent
• Dampen a Tums or Rolaids tablet and rub it on an insect bite or sting.
• Rub a paste made from commercial meat tenderizer and a little bit of water on a bite. This neutralizes the poison in just a few minutes.
• Apply fresh crushed parsley directly to an insect bit to neutralize the poison and stop the pain.
• Apply a paste of table salt mixed with water to the bite.
• A fresh cut onion quickly applied to a sting will prevent swelling and redness, and will stop the pain.
• Regular flavored toothpaste, when applied to an insect bite (especially fire ant bites) will immediately relieve itching.
Rub the bite with soap.
Apply an ice pack to the bite.
Mix baking soda with enough water to make a paste and apply to the
Apply lavender and tea tree oils with a swab.
Garlic, aloe vera, neem fruit juice, lime or lemon juice, medicated gold bond, bananas, Epsom salt paste, apple cider vinegar,
Strong tea mixed with rubbing alcohol
Vinegar (apply directly to bite or take a hot bath with 2 cups of vinegar in the water)
Underarm deodorant (solid or roll-on) – apply directly to bite area
Tea: Use a hot tea bag or a cotton ball soaked in hot tea to dab on bite areaTea Tree Oil