Just wanted to post some info on a cooking class being offered by a woman I know. It will be held at her home in South Charlotte. Space is limited. If you decide to sign up, please let her know that you found out from Exploring Holistic Alternatives / Sarah Wood. (I am also signed up for this class and really looking forward to it!)
Healthy cooking classes and Nutrition basics
A 6-wks mix of theory and class demonstration allowing you to get comfortable with new techniques focusing on preparing food as quickly as possible for maximum nutrition and easiest digestibility; how to get into a routine; ideas for monthly meal planning, budgeting and food purchasing.
The classes and preparation methods are taken and adapted from the book Nourishing Traditions
Some of the topics will include:
• Cultured dairies: yogurt, crème fraiche, whey, cream cheese
• Fermented fruits and veggies
• How to make stocks and salad dressing
• Soaking and sprouting of grains, legumes, seeds and nuts
• Preparation of bread and flour products using the 2-steps process and alternative grains for allergy or gluten sensitivity
• Discussion about tonics and superfoods
About me: I hold a Bachelor of Science in Holistic Nutrition and am an active member of the American Association of Nutrition Consultant (A.A.N.C). I have been successfully operating a private health practice for 7 yrs using homeopathy, yoga and healthy cooking and shopping as modalities to restore health.
Location: My home, in the Thornhill neighborhood (behind Target Stonecrest) Date & Time: Wednesdays 1-2:30pm March 25-April 29
RSVP as soon as possible as space is limited.
P.S. Feel free to pass along to friends who might enjoy the class, Thanks, Catherine