Cross fingers, next Thursday we 're signing the contract for our new house... we’re moving to Kelly Greens subdivision, Stallings. We ‘re going to have a beautiful garden, lots of trees and hope in the future a vegetable garden.
So now we're planning some repairs, mainly replacing floor in a few rooms and paint.
With all this buzz about Eco-paints I 'm a little confused, reading didn’t really help me since the EPA hasn’t set mandatory standards for VOC levels in paint. We’re willing to pay a little more but I’m also reading we may need more coats if we use alternative products, which increases the cost dramatically. I know that if we want to go green we have to go with 5 to 10 grams of VOC per quart. But I’m still worried about the result. So far I found
- Freshaire Choice Paint in Home Depot, affordable, but didn’t really find any colors we like.
- Yolo colorhouse in Home Depot, zero VOC base, but don’t have a lot of colors, so I have to make my mixture, which increases the cost.
- Olympic Premium in Lowes, they offer a variety of colors but I didn’t have the time to check if is really Zero VOC formula.
- Harmony Paint from Sherwin- Williams, just found on line, didn’t have time to check cost yet.
- Behr in Home Depot, claim it is low-VOC
So here’s my question, has any of you used any of these products, are you satisfied with the results. Or what have you used that u really like, especially for kids bedrooms.