Exploring Holistic Alternatives

Families practicing: Alternative & Natural Health; Attachment and Mindful Parent

Hi, Everyone!
So excited to be a part of this group and I look forward to learning from others as well as finding an alliance of support and friendship with like minded people!
I have 2 girls ages (almost) 4 and 6. I cloth diapered both my girls, made my own baby food, breast fed both of them and I also enjoyed co-sleeping w/my second bambino. I'm a Organic, slocal (slow foods, made from local farmers) food activist who eats (mostly) raw food. (I'm a personal chef that falls off the wagon w/ raw food eating from time to time when I get to busy with catering 2 many dinner parties but that's something I'm working on! ;) I'm also a Yoga teacher that has my own home yoga studio in Matthews and I also teach at a couple of gyms here in the Charlotte area. I look forward to learning from this group as well as hopefully sharing what I love with others. I have a ton of gratitude for all of you involved in getting this group up and running for our community (No easy task, I know!) and would love to help in any way I can!

With Love, Tori

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tori! My girls are 5.5 and 3. Looking forward to meeting your family.

--Leigh
Glad you are here. Check out the Raw Food subforum. I think it is under Nutrition. Add links and websites, books that you recommend. I know several of us are intrigued about raw food. I need simple recipes. I'm an impatient "cook".

Didn't we meet at Gabby's?

I'd love to hear more about your yoga studio. I'm a total pre-novice. :-) The few times I did yoga, I was worn out by how hard it was to hold the poses! You are welcome to post your business hours/prices in the "Member Resources" forum!

Pat
Thanks, Pat!
Just happened to be working on the computer when I head a *chime* come in from e-mail telling me your post just came in. :) Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I would love to post raw food info on the forums and would also be happy to offer a free cooking class on raw food basics with quick and easy (yet yummy) recipes for members in this group!

I'm finishing up my fall menus for dinner parties right now but when I'm done with that I will post all the info about my raw food listings as well as yoga info too. Thanks for letting me post in here!!

Hope to meet you soon!

With Love,
Tori :)
Please consider hosting a gathering about Raw Foods. We do have Ronda Peerbolt, certified raw food nutritionist doing a presentation in December for the Holistic Community. We have the presenters scheduled through January of 2009. But, if you'd like to do a presentation, please add it to the "Events" calendar. EarthFare-Ballantyne has their "Community Room" available for free. It isn't very booked up. And they'll add you to their online calendar, also.

Please do select a date and time which works for you and I know there are a bunch of folks interest in learning more about raw food.

If you are in the northern part of the city, I'm clueless about meeting space options. But, hopefully someone will chime in with some possibilities. The libraries charge like $45 for a four hour block of time, I believe.

I'm delighted to learn some easy recipes!

Thanks!

Pat
Welcome Tori. I just started yoga earlier this year. Then I got pregnant, so I had to change a little. Now I am doing prenatal yoga and I love it. I am surprised at how hard it really is. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Thanks! will do that.:) I'm looking forward to going to Ronda Peerbolt's presentation in December too!! Where can I find more info about her?

-Tori
Thanks Terri! :)

I LOVE teaching prenatal yoga and seeing pregnant Mom's getting in tune with their bodies and enjoying being in the present moment. That is so wonderful that you are doing that for yourself and your little one! Yes, yoga (on the outside) may look easy but it can be quite challenging. For most people it's the "mental" part that blocks them from being in the correct posture(s). That was (and still is) the hardest part for me! It's funny how if you try to practice changing your mind while in a challenging posture and instead of panicking (all of us do it!) and saying"this is to hard, I have to come out" but try softening and breathing ( yes,even if the posture is challenging) it will really make you realize a LOT about what your body is capable of doing. Of coarse, you should NEVER feel pain in yoga but some sensation in the posture is ok.
I used to get so uptight about things before I took yoga and practicing yoga on my mat has helped me practice my yoga *off* my mat and deal with all the "stuff" that comes with living in a faced paced world. I've learned to breathe and be present through the hard stuff in life and then I'm able to find out more of what I'm really capable of. Anywhoo., went on a rant again (can you tell I LOVE yoga!) ENJOY these moments. Now is beautiful. :)

Hope to meet you soon, Terri!!

With Love,
Tori
I don't know anything "official" about Ronda. LOL Ronda is a holistic resource locally and agreed to do the presentation when asked. I don't believe that she has a "professional" aspect to her interest. I'm not certain.

I can tell you that she lives up toward Huntersville, is a member here and homeschools her kids. But, that isn't about her raw food knowledge! LOL

Glad you are joining us at the December gathering!

Pat
Tori, I really enjoyed reading about your passion for yoga!

Pat

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Pat's discussion was featured

VACCINES

Discussion, references, inquiries, etc.
Sep 23, 2010
Estela de Arcos Hunt updated their profile photo
Aug 25, 2010
Anna left a comment for Megan Stuhlman
"Hi Megan, I've dealt with a few different illnesses. Maybe you can call me tomorrow and let me know what's going on. Or maybe send your number. Pat and I are going to a conference but will have some time on the drive there and later in…"
Aug 13, 2010
Megan Stuhlman left a comment for Anna
"Hi Anna, Hope you are doing well, its been a while since I've come to the group MNOs but hope to attend soon and see folks again. This is kind of a random favor/question, but I seem to have a sick chicken and wondered if you had any expertise…"
Aug 13, 2010
Pat posted discussions
Jul 22, 2010
Sara Arey updated their profile photo
Jul 9, 2010
Sara Arey is now a member of Exploring Holistic Alternatives
Jul 9, 2010
Pat replied to Pamela Fuller's discussion Poison Ivy
"Interesting. I do find info about Arnica as a poison ivy relief alternative. I hadn't heard of that. Homeopathic Apis helps for swelling, hives also. Pat"
Jul 3, 2010
Pamela Fuller replied to Pamela Fuller's discussion Poison Ivy
"Thanks, lots of great ideas we can try. (I am a new member on the yahoo group as of last week.) We also read some information elsewhere about treating with arnica, do you have any experience with that? DH used arnica pellets on Sunday for muscle…"
Jul 2, 2010
Pat replied to Pamela Fuller's discussion Poison Ivy
"We had two recent discussions about poison ivy relief on the yahoogroup with many options to consider. Plantain, witch hazel and Epsom salt baths seem to offer significant relief. Are you already a member there?…"
Jul 2, 2010
Benita Gibbs posted a discussion

Drinking Water Usage for Your Family

Can you spare a few moments to take my survey?Please take the survey titled "Drinking Water Usage". Your feedback is important!http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N27LDFDThank you for your time.See More
Jun 28, 2010
Pamela Fuller posted a discussion

Poison Ivy

Does anyone have suggestions for relieving poison ivy itch?  I'm new to holistic treatments, and hubby has a small case of what he thinks is poison ivy or oak on face and hands.
Jun 28, 2010
Cara Yara's 2 blog posts were featured
Jun 25, 2010
Jenn's blog post was featured

SHE'S HERE!!

So Maya Lynn decided to come Saturday afternon.After a long labor, but a REAL quick one push delivery she arrived Saturday September 12, 2009 at 5:09.She's 7lb. 11 oz. and 20 1/2" long.We came home Sunday afternoon and have all been doing really well.I will update with photos when I get time to download them.See More
Jun 25, 2010
allie drayton is now a member of Exploring Holistic Alternatives
Jun 24, 2010
Pat posted a discussion

Food Poisoning

If you observe some safety rules related to foods, kitchen and kitchen appliances, food poisoning will never occur.Most food poisioning effects on body clears up in a few days on its own as their duration is not for very long period. In the case of continued illnessseek medical advice. Children, elders, pregnant women and the personswho use antacids heavily are at more risk of getting food poisioning.The…See More
Jun 24, 2010
Benita Gibbs is now a member of Exploring Holistic Alternatives
Jun 23, 2010
Profile IconLindsey Chambliss, Stacy and Gwendolynn St. Pierre joined Exploring Holistic Alternatives
Jun 14, 2010
Pat left a comment for Gwendolynn St. Pierre
"Welcome. Glad you joined us! Pat"
Jun 14, 2010

© 2024   Created by Pat.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service