Exploring Holistic Alternatives

Families practicing: Alternative & Natural Health; Attachment and Mindful Parent

I read on another forum about being able to heal small cavities and I was just wondering if anyone knows anything this? Also about rebuilding the enamel? I know they were talking about cod liver oil and some other things.

Jenn

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is info on Mothering.com about "Curing Cavities with Nutrition". It is about 3 years long and 600 posts, lol. But, it is amazing! http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=399989

You can read Weston Price's chapter on controlling decay (and the rest of his groundbreaking book "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration") http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0203CAT/020305ppnf/PPNF.HTML

Foods which heal tooth decay:
http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Tooth-Decay-Cavities-Nutrition/dp/143481...
http://www.yourreturn.org/Articles/Early_ChildHood_Caries_Cured.htm

Healing Early Childhood Tooth Decay Naturally:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=529174

http://www.westonaprice.org/traditional_diets/ancient_dietary_wisdo...
http://www.ppnf.org/catalog/ppnf/Articles/Rootcanal.htm

Specifically, xylitol products, MI paste, raw grass fed butter, high vitamin cod liver oil, magnesium, probiotics, high vitamin butter oil, bone broths, ozone treatments

conventional: fluoride topically, drill, fill, sealants.

The major issue is to change the ph in the mouth to be less desirable to the strep mutans bacteria, that is done by increasing saliva with phosphorus and calcium. The MI paste does this. We haven't used this due to non-optimal ingredients in it though. Bone broths daily are an alternative.

Chewing gum with xylitol—a natural, “sugarless” sweetener—not only dramatically reduces new cavities—it helps to reverse the process of decay in already active cavities, according to a U-M study of more than 1,200 children. The gum must be chewed for at least five minutes, three to five times a day, to be effective.
http://www.ur.umich.edu/9293/Mar29_93/15.htm You have to be sure to get gum with a gram of xylitol per "dose".

We use Nordic Naturals peach flavored cod liver oil. It is not "high vitamin". I'm not yet comfortable with that option, although, that is the recommendation. Most cod liver oil has synthetic vitamins readded, you don't want those.

Foods that heal teeth:

* Feed your child every meal a soup of blended greens or softly
cooked vegetables.
* Key Vegetables for soup:
* Kales (and lots of dark greens), Zucchini, Celery, Green Beans,
Potatoes
* Add copious amounts of seaweed when the broth is done and the
soup is cooler.
* Never discard the vegetable liquid, it contains numerous vitamins.
* Raw Grass Fed Butter
* Organic and raw yogurt, and kefir
* Raw Grass fed Goat and Cow Milk.
* Cod Liver Oil (must be taken with the raw butter)
* Lacto-Fermented Foods and Beverages to enhance digestion and
assimilation
* Finely mashed up proteins from - Eggs, Fish, Organ Meets, or
other meets (grass fed only please!)
* Bone broth such as fish or chicken soup broth
* Fresh or cooked fruits
* Soaked, and sprouted nuts finely ground
* Really Raw Honey (may be okay)
* Sprouted/ fermented grains, (only for children over 1.5 years)
* There are many herbs that can be cautiously used to provide
minerals to the teeth,
* These include Horsetail, lemon grass, red raspberry leaf,
nettle's, lemon balm.

Foods that remove minerals from body and cause tooth decay and general
depletion.

* Almost every kind of sugar, even organic, especially fruit juices
* Bread, wheat, cookies, crackers, cereals, grains, nuts, seeds, pasta's
* Peanut Butter
* Any processed baby food
* Soy or soy formula
* Pasteurized milk
* Dried Fruit
* Iodized salt – cheap processed salt.
* Non-organic animal products such as eggs, meat, chicken ect.

Pat
None of the kids have cavities but my husband has really soft ,weak teeth so I was thinking if there is something I could do for him to stregthen them. I'm also afraid Zach has inherited Sean's teeth also so I would like to try something easy to prevent problems. I have never had cavities and would like to keep it that way. I'm just looking for an easy to follow preventative plan for everyone.

Jenn
Jenn, Which tooth is the cavity in? The 2 front teeth are both # 1. I do some energy work and with the teeth I look at a dental chart. For instance, my daughter had an abscess tooth. On the dental chart it was the Large Intestine. Every tooth has a corresponding organ. I gave her supplements to make sure she was pooping several times a day. I work the LI alarm points and then trace the LI meridians. This all gets energy to the tooth. Then I use my scenar(you can google it) on the gum with an acupuncture probe to put energy in. Black walnut is good too for the teeth(only 1-2x/wk). Doesn't taste bad, just looks weird. Great around Halloween though!
As far as the enamel goes, I look at sensitivies...to flouride, calcium, zinc(for white spots).
Eva
None of the kids have them I just want to look for ways to prevent them. My husband actually had some health issues when he was a teenager that caused his problems. He just told me that it was the cause recently. It makes me worry a little less about the kids. My oldest didn't have his first dental cleaning until he was 7 and had no cavities so I imagine his teeth are pretty strong and I'm just over concerned. Thanks for letting me know about the black walnut I will have to look into also.

Jenn
You're lucky. I experienced more with my first. Just watch the sugar. I teach mine to rinse their mouth out w/ water after candy, etc. : )

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Pat's discussion was featured

VACCINES

Discussion, references, inquiries, etc.
Sep 23, 2010
Estela de Arcos Hunt updated their profile photo
Aug 25, 2010
Anna left a comment for Megan Stuhlman
"Hi Megan, I've dealt with a few different illnesses. Maybe you can call me tomorrow and let me know what's going on. Or maybe send your number. Pat and I are going to a conference but will have some time on the drive there and later in…"
Aug 13, 2010
Megan Stuhlman left a comment for Anna
"Hi Anna, Hope you are doing well, its been a while since I've come to the group MNOs but hope to attend soon and see folks again. This is kind of a random favor/question, but I seem to have a sick chicken and wondered if you had any expertise…"
Aug 13, 2010
Pat posted discussions
Jul 22, 2010
Sara Arey updated their profile photo
Jul 9, 2010
Sara Arey is now a member of Exploring Holistic Alternatives
Jul 9, 2010
Pat replied to Pamela Fuller's discussion Poison Ivy
"Interesting. I do find info about Arnica as a poison ivy relief alternative. I hadn't heard of that. Homeopathic Apis helps for swelling, hives also. Pat"
Jul 3, 2010
Pamela Fuller replied to Pamela Fuller's discussion Poison Ivy
"Thanks, lots of great ideas we can try. (I am a new member on the yahoo group as of last week.) We also read some information elsewhere about treating with arnica, do you have any experience with that? DH used arnica pellets on Sunday for muscle…"
Jul 2, 2010
Pat replied to Pamela Fuller's discussion Poison Ivy
"We had two recent discussions about poison ivy relief on the yahoogroup with many options to consider. Plantain, witch hazel and Epsom salt baths seem to offer significant relief. Are you already a member there?…"
Jul 2, 2010
Benita Gibbs posted a discussion

Drinking Water Usage for Your Family

Can you spare a few moments to take my survey?Please take the survey titled "Drinking Water Usage". Your feedback is important!http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N27LDFDThank you for your time.See More
Jun 28, 2010
Pamela Fuller posted a discussion

Poison Ivy

Does anyone have suggestions for relieving poison ivy itch?  I'm new to holistic treatments, and hubby has a small case of what he thinks is poison ivy or oak on face and hands.
Jun 28, 2010
Cara Yara's 2 blog posts were featured
Jun 25, 2010
Jenn's blog post was featured

SHE'S HERE!!

So Maya Lynn decided to come Saturday afternon.After a long labor, but a REAL quick one push delivery she arrived Saturday September 12, 2009 at 5:09.She's 7lb. 11 oz. and 20 1/2" long.We came home Sunday afternoon and have all been doing really well.I will update with photos when I get time to download them.See More
Jun 25, 2010
allie drayton is now a member of Exploring Holistic Alternatives
Jun 24, 2010
Pat posted a discussion

Food Poisoning

If you observe some safety rules related to foods, kitchen and kitchen appliances, food poisoning will never occur.Most food poisioning effects on body clears up in a few days on its own as their duration is not for very long period. In the case of continued illnessseek medical advice. Children, elders, pregnant women and the personswho use antacids heavily are at more risk of getting food poisioning.The…See More
Jun 24, 2010
Benita Gibbs is now a member of Exploring Holistic Alternatives
Jun 23, 2010
Profile IconLindsey Chambliss, Stacy and Gwendolynn St. Pierre joined Exploring Holistic Alternatives
Jun 14, 2010
Pat left a comment for Gwendolynn St. Pierre
"Welcome. Glad you joined us! Pat"
Jun 14, 2010

© 2024   Created by Pat.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service